Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Six.

DECK

The goal is New York City.

JAMESON

Then do it.

DECK

I am.

JAME

Alright, then, why are you are here?

DECK

Wake up. You have to wake up!

Maybe you just need a wake up call. Maybe we were, the three of us, the eyes, the heart and the soul of this place, this city, the Prince, Whatever. Maybe you were the constant bearer of the burden, waiting to pour it out, waiting for just the right moment to pour the contents of your urn back into the well, and daydreaming in the skies above you all along. Maybe I’m just a stupid cub who thinks I’m a lion, just wanting so badly to shake the magnificent mane, that I won’t let the bad be bad because I have to be so perfect. And maybe he --

No, you stop! Stop all this shit, like he’s gone and never coming back. Maybe he was a foolish bull, beautiful and moving too damn slow for his own good. Maybe we’re really stupid. Feeling too much, beating too much, seeing too much. But we can get through this if we get through it together! Right? Am I right? Are you hearing me?

Yeah, you did. You know you did, so don’t make lying worse by knowing. You knew exactly what you were doing.

I wasn’t sure. I just wanted to be clear. She just, whenever she said his name, it sounded different than the way she would say mine, so I just wanted to know. I needed her to tell me what to do, in case of an emergency.

(laughs)

I thought I’d dodged it. I thought we were in the clear.

DECK

You knew.

JAMESON

I didn’t know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eight.

JAMISON: --bitten off a little more than I can chew... (A.P. doesn’t respond ) Okay. Let’s be honest. It’s really... none of your business....